Lara railway station is located on the Port Fairy line in Victoria, Australia. It serves the town of Lara opening on 1 November 1856 as Duck Ponds, being renamed Lara in September 1872.
It opened as the temporary terminus of the Geelong - Melbourne line in 1856.The present station building was constructed in the 1920s, and the existing single platform on the east side of the line was converted into an island platform when the line from Lara to Little River was duplicated in June 1981.
The Western standard gauge line passes to the north of the station. A Run around siding is provided for Avalon Airshow trains which terminate here.